Thursday, 15 May 2008

Over the Wall!

I made it! HTW to Forbach in 1:20, including hiking up a hill or 2, getting thoroughly lost in a new development, kicking up red dust along a new highway foundation and even jogging down the median of an intercity route because there were ditches on both sides! Talk about un-jogger-friendly! But in the end, I found the Forbach train station, thanks to a few kinds souls (including a lone jogger) who provided directions in some mixture of French, German and some local Schoenecke dialect. I hit the wall on the second hill at about the 15-minute mark of run#2, wondered if I would turn back, but then found my groove and jogged straight through the rest of the way except for wading through knee-high weeds around a couple traffic circles. Who needs 1-minute breaks? I even walked home from the train station.
ah ... French wine ...

No comments: